Followers

Friday, September 14, 2012

It's Harvest Time

Hi!!  Yes, I know I promised you a wedding card, and I'll post it for you in a few days.  But, for now, it's Canadian Thanksgiving time over at the Card A Day Blog.  It seems our lovely northern neighbors celebrate Thanksgiving in much the same way and for pretty much the same reasons we do in the States.  They just celebrate a little earlier, in October.  So, for all your Canadian friends, here's a nice design for you.  I've used the pretty colors of harvest time, but know that you can easily adapt the design for any use.  Here is your first look:




Surprise!!!  I'm starting with the inside.  (I know, how backward of me. heehee)  First off, I want to say that this card was made TOTALLY of scraps -- even the card base is a refashioned kraft card, just turned to the reverse side.  Being a little dark to write on - and to cover what had been stamped previously, it needed a liner for a message and signature.  I inked the edges of the liner to bring in some color from the card front, and gave it a little turkey stamp in the corner for fun.

The next three photos are close-ups of the central images on the front of the card, shown left, right and center.





I used different colors on which to stamp each image, but I used the same ink as well as the same color to frame each one.  The two side images were mounted with thin foam tape, and the center image was mounted using slightly thicker foam squares to bring it up just a little higher.  These pieces were affixed to another layer of kraft card which was punched top and bottom with a lacy design.

The final piece of the puzzle is the design paper used for the front of the card.  Here is an angled shot which shows the layering.


All that's left to show you is the straight-on photo of my card.  You will see that the design paper was cut to leave just a tiny margin of the card base, and the lacy layer fits to the side edges of the base.


I had thought to use the brighter yellow paper for the centerpiece; unfortunately, the scrap was just a bit smaller than I needed.  Cest la vie!  I'm making the best use of what I have -- it's all part of the fun.  Why don't you challenge yourself to make a card only of scraps, using one of our themes at the CADB, and enter our monthly challenge for prizes?

Thanks for taking the time to visit today.  Here are the little details:

          Stamps:  Inkadinkado 'Harvest Inchie Bundle'
          Inks:  Memento 'Rich Cocoa,' 'Potter's Clay' and 'Desert Sand'
          Punches:  Stampin' Up 'Stamp' and Martha Stewart 'Lacy Edge'
          Design Paper:  K and Company

Here's to keeping your creative genius happy and well-fed!  (Don't forget the chocolate!)

CHRISTINE

1 comment:

  1. Love this card! Love the story with it too. That MS Lacy edge is a cool punch Oh I may have to get that one. Love the stamps you used too. The colors work well together

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for taking the time to leave some love. I truly appreciate you.