Followers

Thursday, September 6, 2012

A Golden Autumn

HOW CAN IT BE SEPTEMBER ALREADY???????

Sorry for yelling.  I just can't believe how quickly this year is going.  Even the long, hot summer is over, and all-too-soon we will be seeing the colors of Autumn.  I have another Card A Day Blog design for you today.  As you might already have guessed, our weekly theme is 'Autumn.'  I had several ideas percolating in my brain for this theme, but I love tone-on-tone treatments, so that is the idea that won over all the others.

I started with a base of kraft card stock cut at 4 1/4" x 11" or half an 8 1/2 x 11 sheet cut the long way to make a tall A2 standard sized card.  That piece then needed to be scored and cut to make a step card with one step and a higher centerpiece.  Here is your first view:

 
 
The cuts were made 1" from each long side and cut from 1" to 6 1/2".  The center score was done at 5 1/2" and the side scores were made at 1", 2" and 6 1/2".  I really like how the center lifts from the borders.
 
The side border pieces as well as the sentiment piece were cut from a golden paper which has a pretty sheen that, unfortunately, does not show up well in the photos.  The centerpiece was cut from a sandy colored paper, and the mat from a darker mustard paper.  By the way, these pieces were all scraps and I no longer remember where they came from.
 
I used Versamark to stamp the center image as well as the borders and greeting, and used a lovely golden embossing powder to highlight them.
 

 
Overall, this was a fairly quick and easy card to make and would be great when multiples are needed.  It's a super design for any occasion.
 


Not too many extra details for you on this one.  The stamps all came from TPC Studio:  Autumn Harvest set and Patterned Borders.  The embossing powder I used (and I really love this one) is Medieval Metals from Sweet Stamps.
 
Now I'm off to make a wedding card.  I'll show it to you soon after the wedding which is this coming Saturday -- eek! only a couple of days away.  I'd better get creating......................
 
 
Do remember to always keep your creative genius happy and well-fed!
 
Big HUGS to all!!
CHRISTINE

2 comments:

  1. Yes I agree can't believe it's September already! Fantastic autumn card

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yep, time is "literally" flying... lol!!!

    Wow, your card is beautiful!!!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for taking the time to leave some love. I truly appreciate you.