Followers

Sunday, September 30, 2012

CDAC Challenge Series

Happy Fall, everyone!!

I have two very different cards for you today.  We recently started a new Progressive Challenge series at the Crafter's Digital Arts Center, and I'm already behind in showing my cards to you.  If you're not familiar with these challenges, do be sure to click on the link and check out the site.  There are lots of fun activities for digital artists.  In the Progressive Challenge Group, we are currently on challenge 20, but I will show you the card for challenge 19 first.

Since summer was coming to an end, our challenge leader wanted to celebrate the summer season.  We had a fun surfboard digi image from Tiffany Doodles.  I hope you like what I've done with it; I turned mine into a 'feel better' card.


 
I decided to keep the card fairly simple and used coordinating design papers to paper-piece the surfboards, and I used a 'sandy' colored paper with a bit of inking to add a little dimension and shadow.  I made up the the outside sentiment, printed it and affixed it with foam tape putting a bit of curl into it for fun.
 
Here is the inside.  I thought I knew where the sentiment came from, but I couldn't find it (maybe Gina K. Designs)  to tell you for sure.  I thought it was a perfect match for the theme of my card.  Added Oct 2, 2012- FOUND IT:  Pink By Design 'live life creatively' set.


The current challenge, PC20, uses an image from Priscilla Styles.  It's a cute Halloween design featuring a frustrated-looking kitty wearing a bat mask.  I did the coloring with various markers.


Once again, I printed my own sentiment.  I added a spider to the original image, and used embossing on the spider and the mask. I know they look gold, but that's just the reflection of the light. Take a look at the next photo.  I was careful not to get the glare.


Here is a look at the inside:


I thought it would be fun to use a stamp of a scarey kitty before it got too pooped.  The card base is cut to A2 size from black card stock from Recollections.

Thanks for coming by to visit today.  See you again soon!

BIG HUGS,

CHRISTINE

1 comment:

Thanks so much for taking the time to leave some love. I truly appreciate you.