Followers

Tuesday, September 25, 2012

A Dark and Creepy Night

Oh, yes, it's definitely getting to be that time of year.  I just wish the years didn't turn around so fast.  Thank you for stopping by today, and welcome if you're a new visitor from the Card A Day Blog.  As you may have guessed I am today's designer for the CADB where our theme for the week is Halloween.  It was really fun putting my card together, except that I was having a little difficulty getting the pieces all cut with my Cricut.  Otherwise, there would have been a nice 'creepy' sentiment on the front.  I'll just have to figure that out later.  In the meantime, how about some pictures?


 
I started with a 6x6" card base to fit all the elements that I planned to use.  The front is another 6x6" piece layered onto the base.  Most of the pieces were cut from the Cricut "A Frightful Affair" cartridge.  I needed the larger card base because the pieces needed to be cut a bit large to get in the details.
 


The ground is torn black paper layered on a shadow of purple.  The tree is layered on purple as well.  Can you guess what the moon is made from?  Stay tuned to the end if you want the answer.

The next picture is a close-up of the scene around the base of the tree.  We have some scary jack-o-lanterns, a very creepy hand coming up out of the ground, and a few rats scurrying about looking for something they can snack on.  All the pieces have been inked a bit with some silvery ink to show that they are picking up the glow of the bright moon.



I hope you're able to see the layering on this card.  The pieces were all affixed with different thicknesses of foam tape.Here, finally, is the full front view:

 

On a couple of the photos you can get a peek at the inside of the card, which is just the reverse side of the double-sided card base paper that I used.  It puts me in mind of a dense green woodsy scene with just a bit of light showing through.

Small details:
          Papers:  Coredinations purple, Glitz Design 'Hallow Flames', Papertrey 'Pure Poppy', Recollections black
          Inks:  Studio g VP0015 (a glittery silver chalk ink) and VP0017 (white)

I hope you have some fun making a few Halloween cards this year.  I think they are some of my favorite cards to design and make.

Oh, were you able to guess?  The moon is cut from the inner seal of a jar of peanut butter!  What kinds of things can you come up with to use in unexpected ways?

See you again soon and remember to always keep your creative genius happy and well-fed!!

CHRISTINE

2 comments:

  1. Cool creepy card! Love the use of the inner seal of the peanut butter jar, very creative. The background paper is perfect for this card. TFS

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love this card, and love all the layering. Looks great!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for taking the time to leave some love. I truly appreciate you.