Followers

Friday, July 5, 2013

Whale, what d'ya know!!

Hello friends!  I hope all my USA buddies had a wonderful Independence Day celebration.  We had a nice quiet day at home, so I used the time to make a cute little card.  It just happens to be red, white and blue, although it's not the patriotic colors.  This time I made a fun card for a new challenge site.  It's called House of Cards, and it just started on the first of this month.  They have four different themes each month, and their first theme is 'cute and fun.'  They have a color inspiration for this first week, and at least three of the colors must be used.

                              http://design-seeds.com/palettes/FreshCherry.png

I've been wanting to use a new stamp and die set that I've had for a little while, so I decided this would be the perfect opportunity.  Here is the card (made all from scraps):

 
I really like the fun Lifestyles Crafts border die for the water.


And here is a pic of the supplies I used:


I really enjoyed making this card; it was one of my quickest cards ever!  ;)  I hope you enjoyed it, too.

 
Thanks for stopping by today.  See you again soon!

Big HUGS!!
CHRISTINE

6 comments:

  1. This is definitely a cute and fun card! I like how you made the waves and I appreciate the popped out clouds. Thanks for joining us at the first House of Cards challenge!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is such a cute little whale - love his spray of hearts! I just have to have that fabulous die as well - where did you get it? Thank you so much for joining in our first challenge at House of Cards. Hope to see you next week for the next card making style.

    Hugs, Vannessa
    House Of Cards DT

    ReplyDelete
  3. It's absolutely darling!!! LOVE the fun die cut pieces and your sentiment is perfect! Thank you SO MUCH for joining in our first ever challenge at HOC! I hope you come back each week!!! :) Mynn xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Adorable card! That whale is just the cutest. I love it. Thanks for joining us at House of Cards! Can't wait to see what you create next!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi Christine! I love that die cut you used for the water. It really is perfect for that. Your hearts as the whale spray is so cute. Thank for joining us on the House of Cards Cute & Fun challenge.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for taking the time to leave some love. I truly appreciate you.