Followers

Saturday, July 20, 2013

In the Navy

Greetings!  Today I have a special request card to show you.  My dd has some friends in the military, and she wanted to send some goodies to one of them who is overseas in a war zone.  But she needed a card.  DD told me some ideas she had, and I showed her supplies that were on hand for her use, and together we came up with a design that she was quite happy to send to her friend.

I started with a (you guessed it) Navy Blue card base.  It's a very dark blue, which comes across nearly black in the photos:


I used a Cuttlebug folder to emboss the stars in the background layer, but I added a frame layer to provide a blank space for the featured sticker.  I considered brushing on some color to highlight the stars, but elected not to do that because the embossing shows up beautifully in person.  The eagle and flag image was stamped with Versamark and heat embossed with a powder color which picked up color from the sticker below.

                   

 I cut out the stamped/embossed eagle and used foam tape to affix it to the background.  The sticker itself is three layers which provided enough dimension on its own, so I affixed it directly onto the background.  I have several sentiment stamp sets which can be used for patriotic-type cards such as this one.  Here is the sentiment my daughter chose:


DD wanted to keep the clean look of the card, so instead of handwriting a message directly inside, she chose to compose a letter to insert on a separate page.


 I hope you've enjoyed this simple and elegant card for my dd's Navy buddy.  It certainly was a pleasure and an honor to make it for him.

The details:
          Stamps:  Pink by Design "Our Troops" and Inkadinkadoo "Patriotic Eagle"
          Embossing folder:  Cuttlebug "Stars"
          Dimensional Sticker:  K & Company "Navy"
          Ink:  Versamark
          Paper:  Gina K Designs heavy base weight "In the Navy," and Georgia Pacific white
          Embossing Powder:  Sweet Stamps "Fine Detail Copper"
          Miscellaneous:  Stamp On It "Frame-Its Kit," foam tape, Scotch ATG

'Til next time.....

Big HUGS!
CHRISTINE

2 comments:

  1. Thank you for making this card for me and my Navy friend. I love the card and I'm sure he will too.
    Love, your dd

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love this card it is so beautiful and very meaningful

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for taking the time to leave some love. I truly appreciate you.