Followers

Sunday, July 21, 2013

Where in the World?

Hi everyone!  I was doing a little organizing the last few days, and it was a good thing I did because I came across a few die sets I haven't used yet.  Any of them would have worked perfectly for today's card which is for the Card A Day Blog.  I'm starting the new theme there for this week, 'TRAVEL.'  So, I chose two of the die sets and went to work creating. 

I started looking for some paper, and pulled out some matching mat stacks.  By a lovely coincidence there happened to be some map paper in one of the stacks.  It was the paper that determined which die set I used.  The paper was printed with a map of Asia, and one of the die sets was Japanese designs.  Sweet serendipity.  Here is a look at the card:


Not wanting to load the card front with too many images, I chose just three.  I used my Xyron Sticker Maker to add adhesive to the pagoda and the gate.  Then I inked the tiny bamboo pieces and used my Zig fine point glue pen to get those pieces on the card.



I created the sentiment on the computer, cut one end in a banner cut and then inked the piece.  Once I had the card front assembled, I used foam tape to affix it to the base.  I didn't want to add too much thickness to this card, so I used the inking to give the card some dimension.  As a last touch for the front, I added some rhinestones to the gate.

The inside sentiment was also done on the computer.  I changed the font to go with the change in language.  I also added some strips of the map paper to give the inside some design interest, and I inked the inside piece as well.


 Here's a full view of the inside:


 Just in case I have any viewers out there who speak Japanese, I had my dd look up the translation of 'Bon Voyage' in Japanese.  I hope the online translator gave us the correct words and spelling.

I had lots of fun pulling this card together (well, except for those tiny bamboo pieces-haha), and I hope you've enjoyed your visit with me today.

These are the supplies I used:
          Paper:  DCWV "The Tradewinds" design matstack and cardstock matstack; Georgia Pacific white
          Dies:  QuicKutz "Japan Collection"
          Ink:  Tim Holtz Distress "Antique Linen"
          Miscellaneous:  Zig fine tip glue pen, Scotch ATG, Xyron 2 1/2" sticker maker, foam tape

See you again soon!!

Big HUGS!
CHRISTINE

1 comment:

  1. Wow gorgeous card and lots of texture! Love how you brought in the translation to the inside a fantastic card Christine

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for taking the time to leave some love. I truly appreciate you.