Followers

Wednesday, May 8, 2013

An Expression of Sympathy

No need to be alarmed by my title.  I just have a card for you.  So happy to have you join me today.  My card is for the 'Sympathy' theme week over at the Card A Day Blog and then it's going into my card box for later use.  It was somewhat of a quickie to make as I had decided to use pieces from a small pile of scraps I hadn't yet filed away.  So, without delay, here is my card:

 
 
Okay, let's see if I can remember any of the details.....Most of the cuts and papers were left over from a decorative box I made which you can see here .  Even the 5 1/2x4 1/4 card base came from those leftovers.  The doily was a half piece that I had saved from something - don't remember what it was.  The large flower piece was an extra cut that I had made for a wedding card, and the small flower is a plastic button with the shank cut off that was left from some 'recycled bottle' bracelets I was helping some Girl Scouts make.

 
 
The sentiment strip is a small scrap of handmade paper, purchased not made by me.  And the sentiment, itself, was stamped with Versamark and heat embossed using  Sweet Stamps 'Fine Detail Copper' embossing powder.  The stamp is from Hero Arts set C1342.  Sorry, but I don't have a name.
 
The side frame pieces were affixed using Tombow Mono, but the other pieces were layered using foam tape or Scotch Quick Drying Tacky Glue.
 
Well, I said it was a quickie, didn't I?!  Nope, I haven't even finished the inside; saving that for when the card will be used.
 
I hope you've had a sweet, though short, visit today.  Come back and see me again soon!!
 
Big THANKS and even bigger HUGS,
CHRISTINE

2 comments:

  1. Wow that is absolutely gorgeous! Great use of scraps. The card is so sweet and the background really works well for the card.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your card is so sweet and so soft. Fabulous job on this one.
    Thanks for sharing.
    Hugs
    Lynnel

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for taking the time to leave some love. I truly appreciate you.