Followers

Tuesday, May 21, 2013

birthday wishes

I'd like to start my post today with condolences for the victims of the deadly storms of the past few days.  We must never take for granted our loved ones and all the wonderful things life has brought to us.  Blessings and prayers to all those who are suffering.

Todays card is for the theme of 'Birthday' at the Card A Day Blog.  My card is brought to you by a very special guest designer who has asked to remain nameless.  So I can't tell you her name, but my dear sister is visiting me this week, and many of you know that she is also a cardmaker.  I couldn't resist bringing you one of her cards!  Here is your first look:


You know how my sister and I are always trying to get creative with our scraps.  Well, this is another one of those creations.  It started out with a white base, which was a leftover just waiting for a project.  All the pink pieces were taken from my 'pinks' scrap envelope.  They were simply cut to pleasing sizes and set slightly askew for interest.  The cute flower is a die cut, and the sentiment was stamped on another pink scrap.  Here is a closer view of the central section of the card:


As you can see, some pearls of varying sizes were added for a little accent.  The flower and the sentiment were affixed with foam tape.  I've got an angled shot for you to see the dimension.


So that's it, really quick and easy.  I think the real fun, once you choose a color theme, is in choosing different pattern papers and just cutting and placing them in a pleasing arrangement.  Then all you need is a cute element and a sentiment and you're done.


Here's the fine print:
          Papers:  sorry, don't really know, they're scraps, but the card base is probably Georgia Pacific
          Stamp:  Gina K. Designs 'Nature's Greetings' set
          Die:  Sizzix Sizzlits
          Pearls:  KaiserCraft self-adhesive
          Ink:  Versafine black

That's it.  I hope you all have a great day!  Stay safe.

Big HUGS,
CHRISTINE


2 comments:

  1. Such a sweet card-thanks to your mystery designer.
    Love the pink backdrop for the flower it is darling. To help the swirls pink paper is recollections I have some.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Way too cute. Must be a family trait.
    Thanks for sharing.
    Hugs
    Lynnel

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for taking the time to leave some love. I truly appreciate you.