Followers

Monday, May 13, 2013

For DAD

Happy Monday Everybody!!  Thanks so much for checking in with me.  I have a cute card for you today to help inspire you in your card making for Father's Day.  That's this week's theme at the Card A Day Blog.  If you're not familiar with the CADB, we have a new card to inspire you every day, we have a new theme each week, and we have challenge prizes every month.  So I hope you'll consider joining us in the fun.  We love seeing what you create.

Now for my card.  I've been accumulating a few rolls of washi tape, and decided it was about time to start using some of them.  I chose a color scheme, and went about finding all the elements I would need.  I started with the washi.  I have a pack with blue and green rolls (four of each in all different designs) and decided to use the tape on a white background to really show off the colors.  Using five rolls of the tape, I created my own striped designer paper.


I added a matching piece of pleated ribbon, a die-cut tag for the sentiment, and the word "dad" in holographic glittered chip board letters.  The ribbon is very dimensional, as are the letters, so I added a little more dimension by affixing the card layer and the tag with foam tape.


Since I used a darker card base, I decided to add an inside mat for the sentiment and signature.  I used more strips of the washi to coordinate nicely with the front of the card.  For a little variety I tore the inside tape unevenly instead of cutting it neatly as I did on the front.


I think my two sentiments work nicely together even though they are from two different sets and two different companies.  I love it when things work out that way.  Don't you?

Your final view is a straight on front photo.  I think this one is the most authentic in color and brightness, although the blue is closer to a true navy in person.


Here are some of the details:
          Gina K Designs - outside greeting
          Stampin' Up - inside sentiment, card base, ink and ribbon
          American Crafts Thickers - letters
          My Mind's Eye - decorative tape (washi)
          Spellbinders - tag die

That's it for now.  I hope you are having a wonderful day in your corner of the world.

HUGS,
CHRISTINE

3 comments:

  1. Sweet card Christine! Cool to see another card with washi tape on it, looks so cool! I really like the inside too

    ReplyDelete
  2. Good job on this one. Love your color choice.
    Hugs
    Lynnel

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love this Christine! The colors are bold and masculine. Your Dad will love it. Hugs,
    ~Deb~
    CDAC DT Member
    A Look Through My Eyes

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for taking the time to leave some love. I truly appreciate you.