Followers

Friday, September 6, 2013

Sit and Watch the Leaves Turn

Happy Friday everyone and WELCOME!!  Well, my ds's visit ended Wednesday, but before she left she started playing with an idea for my card for this weeks' "Autumn" theme on the CARD A DAY BLOG.  So today's card is another bit of sisterly collaboration.

My sister's idea began with leaves and burlap.  She used a set of my dies to cut leaves from various scraps, and then cut some pieces of burlap to play with.  That's as far as she was able to get before she had to depart for home.   When I picked things up to work on the card I found a scrap of handmade paper that I thought would add nicely to the overall look.


I made a rough arrangement of the elements before I started to affix anything.  When I was happy with it I started adding drops of glue to begin setting everything in place.  The word 'Fall' was stamped with Versamark ink and embossed.


I hope you can see in these two pictures just how much dimension there is with the hand made paper, the burlap and all the leaves.

I used foam tape in just a few spots to keep things from flattening down.









For the inside I chose a nice sentiment and added a pair of acorns to a bottom corner.  All were stamped with the Versamark and embossed.


Hopefully you can read the sentiment in the close-up shot.


This was a nice and easy card to put together, especially after my sis did all the cutting.  ;)  I did add some veining to the leaves.  If I had thought it through I would have distressed the leaves as well before trying to affix everything.  Oh, well, I did it a bit after taking all the photos!!


I'm going to leave you with a little tease today.  I am adding a new dimension to my crafting and hope to have some samples up for you soon.  Wish me luck!!

Thanks so much for stopping by today.  Here are your little details:

     Dies:  Impression Obsession 'Leaves Die Set'
     Stamps:  TCP Studio 'Autumn Harvest'
     Paper: miscellaneous scraps, Kraft CS cut at 5 1/2 x 4 1/4
     Embossing Powder:  Stampendous! 'Detail Gold'

'Til next time.....

Big HUGS!!!
CHRISTINE

2 comments:

  1. Beautiful card Christine I just love the burlap textures.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love the beautiful card, and the beautiful embossing!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for taking the time to leave some love. I truly appreciate you.