Followers

Wednesday, September 11, 2013

Easy Does It Thanksgiving

Hi everyone!  My post today, for the Card A Day Blog, is celebrating Canadian Thanksgiving.  It may seem a bit early to be thinking about Thanksgiving here in the States.  But our friends in Canada celebrate this holiday a month earlier than we do, so it's just the right time for them.

I'm so happy to bring this card to you today; especially those of you who may be somewhat new to making your own cards.  This card is really quick and easy to put together, and takes a minimum of supplies.  You don't need stamps or inks or special markers.  I used nothing but a card base, a few scrap strips of papers, a few stickers and rhinestones and some adhesive.

I had purchased some dimensional stickers on clearance after Thanksgiving last year, and decided that now was the time to use them.  Here are your photos:



Sorry for the blurry close-up.  I just wanted to illustrate the greeting on the circle sticker.  I started with the standard A2 sized card base.  After trying several scraps, I found some that were just the right size and shape that I needed.  I layered them on the base, affixed the stickers, and added a few rhinestones just because I thought they gave the design a bit more balance.  Couldn't be easier!!
 
You can see in the angled pics just how much dimension there is in the stickers I used.  They came from Recollections.  The rhinestones are from Studio18.   And that's it -- easy peasy!  So you really can put together a nice card without much fuss or mess.
 
 
 
If you haven't been there yet, be sure to check out the Card A Day Blog.  We have monthly challenges that you can enter with each weekly theme.  That means you can have up to four chances to win a great prize!
 
Thanks for visiting, and 'til next time.....
 
Big HUGS!
CHRISTINE

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks so much for taking the time to leave some love. I truly appreciate you.