Followers

Friday, August 17, 2012

One of My Favorite Cards

Hello, out there!  I have another card for you today which is posted in the Card A Day Blog for this weeks' theme, "Cheer Up."  This is certainly one of, if not my most favorite card that I've made.  I actually made it some time ago, but never got around to posting it for you.  It really is a quick and easy card to put together.  Probably the most time-consuming part of the card, aside from choosing the design paper, is the coloring.  And even THAT is done quickly once you have the colors chosen.

I made this card while at visiting my DS (sister, that is), and, since I was using many of her supplies, have no record of most of what I used.  I did start out with a standard A2 sized card base (4 1/4" x 5 1/2") in a lovely linen textured card stock.  I spotted a beautiful piece in DS's scrap box that I thought would make the perfect backdrop for my pretty lady stamp.  Then, all I needed was a sentiment.


The colors to use for the stamp were easily chosen to match the colors in the floral background paper.  The image was stamped on a nice smooth white piece of card, colored with Copics, and the white was toned down by gently inking around the image leaving a plain white border.  That piece was then matted to a piece of blue card cut just a bit larger.  The pearls were added for an extra touch of class.  Memory fails as to whether the pearls just happened to be the right color or I used the same blue Copic marker as in the image, but I think it was the former.


The sentiment was stamped in black on the same blue card as the mat, and then die cut and inked lightly with the blue as used on the lady piece.


And here are the two stamped pieces together:


As you can see, the dp is cut on the diagonal to cover just half of the card front, leaving a tiny white border at the top and left side.  The card was given some dimension by mounting the lady to the card with foam squares and the sentiment with a thinner foam tape.


Who knows, perhaps I will allow myself to use this card one day.....................

The image stamp is from Sweet Stamps; 1900's Lady, #513F.

Hope this card was able to cheer you.  Do remember to keep your creative genius happy and well-fed!

Hugs to all!
CHRISTINE

3 comments:

  1. Beautiful Lady and a beautiful card. Love that background paper you used and I agree the hardest part is choosing the paper for most cards. TFS

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful Card!!! Very classy! LOL... one thing I don't think I'll ever be able to do quickly or easily is color images!!! You did a fantastic job!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Fantastic job! Everything goes togther so well for an exquisite look! TFS

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for taking the time to leave some love. I truly appreciate you.