Followers

Wednesday, August 8, 2012

Thinking of You

Greetings to all!  I hope you're having a wonderful day.  I've just returned from a lovely long weekend with my dear sister in Chicago, and the card I have for you today was made entirely from her materials  I did bring a few things of my own on the trip, but ended up not using them.

This card is for the Card A Day Blog, where our theme for the week is 'Embossing.'  I had brought several embossing folders and a few stamps to use for my card, but my sis pulled out some nice vellum.  So, I decided to do some hand embossing with a little paper piercing on the vellum since I haven't used those techniques in quite some time.  After doing a little test piece, I determined that my card would have a clean and simple look to showcase the hand embossing.


I used metal stencils from my sister's stash; one for the corner and one for the three center florals.  The left and top edges were also embossed and pierced using a stencil from Ecstasy Crafts.

The card base is a nice smooth white, cut to 4 1/4"x 5 1/2".  The mat is a glossy yellow cut just a bit smaller as I wanted only a tiny bit of the white edge showing.  And the vellum is affixed with white brads in three corners.  For a little variation I rounded just the lower right corner of all three layers.



Staying with the CAS idea, I stamped the greeting directly on the vellum and used white embossing powder to match the hand embossing.

This card definitely is versatile enough to use for many occasions.  I hope you'll click on the photos to get the best views.


This is really quite an easy card to make if you like to hand emboss.  That part does take some time, and, if you've never done it before, maybe a little practice.

The small print:
          Paper:  Best Occasions from Walmart Glossy Yellow,  Card base Neenah 'Solar White'
          Stamp:  Hero Arts 'Sweer Threads Labels'
          Stencils:  Ecstasy Crafts #PS123, (sorry, but I don't have names for the corner or floral)
          Ink:  Versamark
          Embossing Powder:  Stampendous 'Detail White'
Hope you'll come back to visit often, and remember to always keep your creative genius happy and well-fed!!

CHRISTINE

1 comment:

  1. Great card -- and, yes, it can be used for any occassion!!!

    Awww too bad you were in Chicago and didn't look me up!!! Hopefully next time!!!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for taking the time to leave some love. I truly appreciate you.