Followers

Sunday, December 12, 2010

THANKSGIVING?!?!

Okay, I know, I can be a little slow at the uptake sometimes.  I did get an early Christmas card post up.  Anyway, I usually take something gifty, like candleholders for her collection or handmade ornaments for the Christmas tree, to my dmil when we go for Thanksgiving dinner, but she's trying not to collect any more stuff.  I didn't want to go emptyhanded, though, so this year I did something a bit different.  I decided to make tags for the table.  It was going to be a small gathering, which meant we didn't really need place cards.  Instead, I made up a little game.  I've tried before to have everyone say something about why they are thankful, but they're a little shy about that sort of thing.  What I did this time, since I do like to remember what the holiday is about, is make tags that we could write on.  Before filling our plates, everyone wrote three things for which they are thankful.  I collected the tags, and we had our dinner.  Between dinner and dessert I passed out the tags so that no one got their own, and we all read someone else's gratefulness statements.  That way no one felt awkward about speaking.  There was even a prize at the end.  I made one tag slightly different from the rest.  The person with that tag got the prize.  All in all it was actually quite nice.  Here are the tags; very simple.


I stamped some generic white cardstock with a tag stamp from Stampology Autumn Leaves set.  I punched a 1/4" hole for the ribbon, and then colored the leaves with markers. The Happy Thanksgiving greeting is from TCP Studio Autumn Harvest and is stamped with Versafine Vintage Sepia ink.  I inked the edges and added the ribbon (from stash).  I added the lines on the back for ease of writing.  If you look closely, you'll see that one tag has a red leaf right in the center.  That one was for the prize.

I hope your Thanksgiving was as warm and peaceful as mine was.  Thanks for looking and

Keep your creative genius flowing!

CHRISTINE 

1 comment:

Thanks so much for taking the time to leave some love. I truly appreciate you.