Followers

Monday, November 25, 2013

CHRISTMAS THANK YOU

At the Card A Day Blog we are showing examples of "Christmas Thank You" cards this week.  I wanted to stay in the spirit of Christmas, but I didn't want my card to be too 'Christmas-y' looking.  So, I used a little gold and a lot of flourish, and came up with a tasteful, but quick-to-make card.

I started by choosing the stamp for the sentiment.  I knew I wanted something with a little bit of the flourish I was planning, and a Just Rite 'Be Happy' set provided the perfect stamp.  I used my favorite Versafine 'Onyx Black' ink for stamping.


I used a die set from Spellbinders to cut the layering pieces.  You should be able to see some embossing in some of the photos.


I chose black and white for the wonderful contrast and the formal look.   The die cut pieces are layered using foam tape and mounted on a patterned paper backed with solid black.  The gold card stock is from Stampin' Up and the solid black as well as the patterned paper are from Recollections.


The whole layered piece was then affixed using my Scotch ATG to a solid white Georgia Pacific card base.  You can see the dimension a bit better in the next photo.


As you can see, a quick and easy, but still very elegant design.

Thank you so very much for your visit!  I'll see you again soon.

'Til next time.....

Big HUGS!!!
CHRISTINE

2 comments:

  1. Love the black and gold! Super combo for about any occasion! Thanks for the inspiration Christine!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Super cute card and I agree I like the color combo and I like that die will have to look into that.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for taking the time to leave some love. I truly appreciate you.