Followers

Friday, June 26, 2015

Yep, I'm still around!

Hello everyone.  It's been such a very long time since I last visited with you.  I hope things are well in your worlds.  I've had some ups and downs the past several months, but I'm doing well. 

When I first started this blog it was primarily aimed at card making.  But I left it open to other crafty or artistic pursuits as well, and I'm back to show you some of what I've been up to most recently as well as continuing to bring you examples of my cards (or, if you've been with me awhile, you've seen a few of my sister's cards; she is a much more prolific card maker than I am).

Today I've decided to show you one of the projects I've started working on for my church.  We have christenings twice each month, and we like to present each family with a keepsake for their child.  For some time the church was purchasing bibs to give the families.  From what I have been told these bibs were a single layer of not-very-nice fabric with pinked raw edges, and, I think, some kind of generic printing to commemorate the event.  Eventually, someone came up with a much nicer design for our church.  Our keepsake bibs are now machine embroidered with the church logo and event year on a lovely white fabric, and backed with a beautiful soft white flannel.  It's a very simple design, but the quality and look are so much better.  At the family's request the name of the child can be added later.

I am doing just the embroidery of these bibs, while another member of our sewing group is doing the assembly.  The pictures I have are of a bib embroidered by another church member; I forgot to take photos after embroidering several pieces.  I'm glad I remembered to take photos of the sample before returning it to the church.



Let me know what you think of our design.  Maybe you can design something similar for your own church.  Ours is embroidered in our church/school colors, but they could also be done in seasonal colors or designs depending on the time of year of the christening.

I'll be back with you soon to show you some of the other projects I've been working on.  In the meantime, keep crafting and enjoy every day to the fullest!

Hugs,
Christine

6 comments:

  1. That's a lovely design! Thanks for inspiring us with your wonderful thoughts!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Saved as a favorite, I love your site!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hello there I am so thrilled I found your site, I really found you by error, while I was looking on Aol for
    something else, Anyways I am here now and would just like to say thanks for a tremendous
    post and a all round thrilling blog (I also love the theme/design), I don't have time to go through it all at the minute but I
    have saved it and also added your RSS feeds, so when I have time I will
    be back to read more, Please do keep up the awesome job.

    ReplyDelete
  4. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Beautiful card, I love the image and the design.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for taking the time to leave some love. I truly appreciate you.