Followers

Thursday, October 3, 2013

Mash-Up for Christmas

Well, it's that time again.....starting those Christmas and other cards for the season.  I'm up on the Card A Day Blog today, and we're starting our Christmas card inspirations.  Of course, we don't stop with Christmas.  We include pretty much all the holidays of the season.  So be sure to visit regularly if you're looking for ideas for your cards.

I called my card a "mash-up" because that's really what it is.  I pulled together an assortment of scraps and bits of ribbon and extra pieces from earlier projects to make this one.  It's not the card I thought I was going to make, but I'll do that one another day.  For now, here is today's card:


I was inspired to make this card while I was straightening up some of my supplies, and my eyes stopped on some rosettes that were still laying about instead of being put away a long time ago.  So I chose the rosette that I wanted along with a topper snowflake and paired it with a strip leftover from cutting all the rosettes.  The rosette and snowflake had already been coated with gold glitter spray which helped me decide the rest of my color scheme.


I tore a page out of an old book that I use for projects, crumpled it, stamped it with snowflakes that I embossed with gold powder and rubbed on some metallic gold paste to bring out the distressing.  I used the same gold paste on a piece of textured packing paper, and layered both pieces on the card base.


I layered two pieces of ribbon with the patterned paper scrap.  Then added that piece to the card after affixing the hand made paper sentiment strip.  I also added two leftover bits of the gold ribbon as embellishment to the rosette.


I needed to bring some of the design to the inside, so I used another piece of the torn-out book page, crumpled it and stamped and embossed some of the snowflakes as well as the greeting.




The last step was rounding just one corner of my card.  And that's it!  As I said, I had lots of fun putting this one together.  Sometimes it's good just to let go and play.  You just never know what you might come up with.


Supplies:
     Stamps:  Stampin 'Up "Snow Swirled" and "A Christmas Carol" sets; WaltzingMouse Stamps "Complements of the Season" set
     Inks:  Versamark and Craf-T Products Metallic Rub-Ons "Gold"
     Embossing Powder:  Stampendous "Detail Gold"
     Extras:  Aleene's Fast Grab Tacky Glue, Scotch ATG, Crop-A-Dile Corner Chomper

Thank you so very much for visiting today.  Your visits make me happy, and I welcome and appreciate your comments as well.  Feel free to leave questions in the comment section. too.

'Til next time.....

Big HUGS!
CHRISTINE

3 comments:

  1. Your "mash-up" card turned out awesome!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Such a cool card and so nontraditional (no red), just love that green plaid paper. Lots and lots of textures on this card and I really like how you brought in the crumpled paper into the inside

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wonderful card! I totally agree with you, when you play and let things happen things just come together! Bravo!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for taking the time to leave some love. I truly appreciate you.