Followers

Monday, June 3, 2013

my friend

That's YOU, I hope!  So happy you decided to come for a visit today.  We had a pretty scary time of it this weekend with some nasty storms.  There were tornadoes in the area which did a fair amount of damage, but luckily no deaths or major injuries.  Certainly nothing like what the poor folks in Oklahoma have seen.  Lots of prayers going out to them.

On a happier note, I do have a card to show you today.  We're having 'friendship' week over at the Card A Day Blog.  I think a cheery card for a friend is one of the easiest cards to create.  Just put together a few elements that please you, and you're done!  That's pretty much what I did with my card.



I happened to have a few pieces left over from when my sister was visiting.  I thought it would be easier to use them for a card rather than put them away.  That sound too much like 'cleaning.'  I decided on a banner style, and started playing.




My base card is a piece of kraft cs that was left from an earlier project.  The blue mat was left from my sister's playtime, as were the three pieces used for the flags.  I used a border punch for the 'valance', then added a thin strip for trim and a few pearls for extra prettiness.  Last step was to add the cute little sentiment.

 
 
As you can see, I brought the colors to the inside with just a few thin strips of the design papers, using them in the same order as on the front, and then stamped the greeting.
 
This was actually one of my quicker cards to make, from idea to completed project.  I usually fuss for much too long a time before I manage to get started let alone get finished.  ;)   I'm also entering this card in the CDAC Anything Goes Challenge.
 
Here is your peek at the full front of the card.  I hope you can see the sparkle in the center flag.
 



The details are short and sweet:

          Papers:  KandCo and Recollections
          Pearls:  Recollections
          Punch:  Creative Memories
          Ink:  Versamark black onyx
          Stamps:  Stampendous 'Happy Messages' set SSC109

Thank you so much for your visit.  I'll be back with you in a few days.  In the meantime, I hope everyone has some nice calm weather and lots of wonderful moments!

Big HUGS,
CHRISTINE

3 comments:

  1. So cute, love this! I have this same blue & yellow paper. Memories ......
    Thanks for sharing.
    Lynnel

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love your idea and your card using your leftovers to make. The card is simple and beautiful...I love it.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for taking the time to leave some love. I truly appreciate you.