Followers

Monday, December 12, 2011

MY FAVORITE SANTA

Christmas is getting ever closer.  I hope all of you are closer to being finished with your preparations than I am.  I still have a looong way to go. ;~(   But this week on the Card A Day Blog we are preparing you for all those 'thank yous' you'll be needing once the holidays are over.  For my special thank you card I decided to go back to a novelty fold, but with a little surprise.

I definitely wanted to carry over the Christmas feeling with my card.  I started with a piece of two-sided designer card stock 8 1/2" square.  It was scored at 2 1/8" from each side, then rotated and scored at 4 1/4".  With the 4 1/4" score mark at the horizontal, I cut out the two upper 2 1/8" corners, leaving something that looks like a chunky upside-down T.  The top 4 1/4" square is folded down, and the two sides are folded in to create a gate-fold style card.  From there it's just a matter of the design elements. 

I wanted to keep it fairly basic since it was already a specialty card with the folds.  Here's the first photo.


I used a packaged tag, stamped the 'thank you' with Versamark and used black embossing powder.  I added a few die-cut pine branches and used foam tape to affix the tag to just the left side of the card front.

On the front surface of the folded down square, I used my own printed sentiment, cut it out with another die, inked it a bit and added two more pine branch die cuts.

 

When the inside piece is lifted, you'll see another packaged tag with a stamped Santa and the rest of the sentiment I printed and die cut.  The tag and the die cut have been inked.



The surprise I promised is that the Santa tag is a pop-up.  You'll have a better look in the next two photos.  I added another tag to be used for the signature and personal message.





Here is one last pic for you of the full front of the card:


As you can see, I really did keep the card clean and simple, letting my chosen card stock do most of the work for me.

So glad you came to visit today!!  Hope you'll have a sec to leave some love, too!

Here are the supplies used in this card:
          Paper:  K&Company 'Yultide" designer paper, Stampin' Up Very Vanilla, Tags from Hot Off the Press Luscious Christmas Labels pack
          Ink:  VersaMark, Tim Holtz by Ranger Antique Linen
          Stamps:  Papertrey Ink Communique Curves Sentiments set, Inkadinkado Christmas Characters set
          Dies:  Spellbinders Petite Scallop Circles and Lacy Ovals, Cheery Lynn Designs Pine Branch
          Extras:  Stampendous Detail Black Embossing Powder, Zig 2-Way Glue Pen, Inkssentials Opaque White Pen, Copic Markers



This is my final post for the Card A Day Blog for this year.  We'll be starting up again right after the holidays are over with lots more inspiration for your year-round cardmaking.  Be sure to stop by in the meanwhile; I'll be popping in on occasion as time allows.

Always keep your creative genius happy and well fed!

Christine
                 

1 comment:

  1. Christine what a cute fun card. You did a fine job on the whole card with the Santa hidden with in the card. TFS

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for taking the time to leave some love. I truly appreciate you.