Followers

Friday, January 25, 2013

A-choo!!

Wow!  It seems like forever since I've been here with you, my friends.  What with the holidays, and the fact that I've been dealing with a rather bad bronchial infection, I just haven't been very active with much of anything.  I must say, though, that it's good to be back.  I am today's designer on the Card A Day Blog and what an appropriate theme for me, "Get Well."  I'm still recovering so I won't be taking up too much of your time, but I do have a card for you that is very easy to replicate, and can be made with any kind of flower punch or even flower stamps.  All of the supplies are from Stampin' Up; even the card came from a Stampin' Up stamping party.


This picture shows the full front of the card.  It is an A2 (4 1/4 x 5 1/2) base in Early Espresso (I think, but it might be Chocolate Chip) card stock.  It is layered with Whisper White cut at 4 x 5 1/4.

The flowers are punched from Riding Hood Red using the Fancy Flower punch, the leaves are in Pear Pizzaz and punched with the Blossom Petals Builder, and the flower centers are also in Whisper White.  Here is a closer shot of the flowers.  I used a smaller flower punch on white glitter paper to add a tiny bit of glam to the center of one flower.



Finally, I chose a stamp from the 'Crosses of Hope' set for my sentiment.  I stamped it with Soft Suede ink and cut it into a banner shape.  I also inked the edges just a tiny bit so it would stand out from the background since both are the same white card.  The sentiment is affixed with foam dots for dimension.


That's all folks!  I hope you've enjoyed your visit;  told you it wouldn't be long.  I'll see you again soon. 


Big HUGS,
Christine

2 comments:

Thanks so much for taking the time to leave some love. I truly appreciate you.