Followers

Thursday, December 13, 2012

Gift Card to Die For

As we get ready to close out our year of cardmaking at the Card A Day Blog, I get to bring you one last inspiration.  Our final theme of the year is 'Snow.'  I had all sorts of ideas, but at the last minute I received a die that I had ordered, so I decided to use it for my card.  I also had been making rosettes to use as tags on Christmas gifts, and it became a simple matter to combine the two elements.

My new die is for a gift card holder.  I chose a paper to coordinate with one of my rosettes, and used the die to cut it out.  I scored for the folds (the scores were lightly marked by the die), and affixed the flap for the gift card.  My last step for the card, itself, was to stamp and emboss a greeting for the inside.  Here are some shots of the inside of the card:





Sorry about the glare in the top photo.  I wanted to show the card as it would be used so I inserted a used gift card into the pocket.  Also, I wanted to emphasize the snow idea on the inside, and used a snowflake stamp along with a greeting to accomplish that.  It also helps to have snowflakes on the card stock that I used.

The rosette I chose was made using another die, the Snowflake Rosette by Tim Holtz.  The paper for that piece also has a snowflake pattern on the red ground.  The scores for the rosette are done as perforations which makes it a bit fiddly to work with, as well as exposing the paper edges.  In this case the edges were showing too much white, so I simply inked those edges to smooth out the color.  I also applied a glitter spray, and added a rhinestone to the center of the snowflake.  I then affixed the snowflake/rosette to the front of the card with foam tape to lift it a bit off the surface making it easier to open/close the flap.

I have three more photos for you.  The first one shows the open card:


The next two give you a much better look at the rosette.  If you click on the pictures you might even be able to see the glitter on the rosette as well as the card itself.




Thank you so much for taking time out of your busy day to visit.  It's such a bustling time for everyone with the holidays looming.  Don't forget to take time for the really important things.

And here are the small details:
     Dies:  Sizzix BigzXL Gift Card Holder and Tim Holtz Snowflake Rosette
     Paper:  Recollections "Jolly Jamboree" stack
     Stamps:  Close to My Heart "Very Merry Christmas" and My Mind's Eye "Holly Jolly"
     Bling:  Studio18 Rhinestones and Crafter's Companion Spray & Sparkle Gold
     Ink:  Versamark
     Embossing Powder:  Stampendous Detail Gold


Hugs to all!
CHRISTINE

1 comment:

  1. beautiful card! Thanks to the extra message that well be back next year with the challenges

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for taking the time to leave some love. I truly appreciate you.