Followers

Monday, April 29, 2013

FOR YOU...

Hello lovely followers and guests!  I have another Card A Day Blog offering for you today.  I made a card for my sister's birthday.  Yes, it's okay, her birthday was last week!  (Carole, if the post office lost your card, here it is!!!)  I used an adorable stamp set from Crafter's Companion called Angelica.  She's a cute little birthday angel.


I started with a lavender card base.  The image was stamped onto white card and colored with Copics and glitter pens.  I used my ATG to affix the image to the card base.  Then I took another piece of lavender, ran it through my Cuttlebug, and cut out the center with a craft knife making a frame for the image, which I affixed with foam tape.  I inked the frame to bring out the embossed design.


I used the same embossing folder for the inside layer, but I affixed it with the de-bossed side facing up.  I stamped the birthday greeting and was finished.  This card fits a standard A2 envelope.



Unfortunately, the glittering doesn't show up much, if at all, in the photos, but I used it on the wings, the ribbons and the butterflies.

Here are the other details:
     Paper:  Recollections (lavender), Georgia-Pacific (white)
     Ink:  Stampin' Up Wisteria Wonder
     Embossing Folder:  Darice Ornate Frame
     Glitter Pens:  Sakura Gelly Roll, Clear Star and Purple Star

I am also entering this card in the Crafter's Digital Art Center Anything Goes challenge.  These challenges are running for three months, ending June 30th, so there's still plenty of time to enter.  Anyone can join.  Hope to see you there!!

 Thanks so much for stopping by today!

Big HUGS,
CHRISTINE

1 comment:

  1. Beautiful card Christine, love the frame cut out and the coloring turned out really good

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for taking the time to leave some love. I truly appreciate you.