Followers

Thursday, March 21, 2013

Home Sweet Home

Hello to you this fine Spring day!!  Well, for some of us that would be wishful thinking, but it has been teasing us a bit lately.  I have for you a new card today on CADB.  Our theme, this week, is 'Congratulations,' and my card celebrates someone in their new home.  I started with a sweet digital image from Nana Vic's Digitals which I purchased only yesterday.  I hadn't decided on what direction to go with my card, and this image hit me in just the right way when I came upon it.

I colored the image with Prismacolor pencils, added some flowers from Petaloo, cut a swirl with my Cuttlebug, and stamped the sentiments, inside and outside.  The image was affixed with foam tape.


As you can see, I added some of the Petaloo flowers to the inside sentiment to bring some color to the inside.



I also rounded a few corners for just a little variety.

My card is also being entered in the Petaloo Flower Contest Challenge and the Digi Image Challenge at the Crafters Digital Art Center.  There's lots of fun going on there, so if you like digis, it's a great place to spend some time.

Thanks so much for visiting today!  Here are the deets:

     Stamps:  Digi from Nana Vic's Digitals, sentiments from Taylored Expressions "Treasure Life" set
     Flowers:  Petaloo Mulberry Paper Flowers "Mini Delphiniums" and Flora Doodles "Jeweled Florettes Baby's Coming"
     Pencils:  Prismacolor Premier
     Ink:  Memento "Rich Cocoa"
     Extra gems:  Darice Self-Stick
     Papers:  'generic' Kraft and White
     Foam tape:  3D-DOTS from eksuccess

Big HUGS,
CHRISTINE

3 comments:

  1. Beautiful card Christine! Love the coloring, it's so well done and the scattering of flowers is a nice touch

    ReplyDelete
  2. Just love this card! Nice spring colors. You chose a lovely digi (Nana Vic's)and the Pealoo flowers are a perfect touch.
    Hugs
    Lynnel

    ReplyDelete
  3. Lovely card Christine. I love that you were able to match the colors of the Petaloo flowers so well.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for taking the time to leave some love. I truly appreciate you.