Followers

Saturday, October 1, 2011

A Gift for You

Can you believe it's that time of year already?  Have you started your Christmas shopping yet?  How about those Christmas cards you were going to start making right after last Christmas??

Welcome to the Card A Day Blog World CardMaking Day Christmas Card Blog Hop.  If you just happen to be visiting me today, and you want to start the hop at the beginning, just click on the link.  You'll get all the important info about the HOP, the CHALLENGE and the PRIZES!!!

Our hop is featuring Christmas Cards to help get you inspired in your own holiday card-making.  My card is designed to look a little bit like a wrapped gift.  It has a little shimmer and shine, and the very traditional colors of red, green and gold.


I started with an A2 base of generic white card stock.  The green mat was run through the Cuttlebug using a Christmas tree folder and inked to give it more dimension.  I used a tone-on-tone red striped pattern paper for the smaller mat and gave it a little shimmer around the edges using a glitter pen.

For the centerpiece "bow" I used a large medallion stamp, and cut out a section that looked like a snowflake and would fit the size I needed.  That piece was embossed using a snowflake folder, and also enhanced with glitter pens.  The ribbon under the bow is actually a scrap piece of patterned paper that just happened to have the look I wanted.

Every gift needs a tag, so I stamped a scrap of gold shimmer paper, hand cut and mounted it, and inked the edges in red just as I did the card base.  I attached it using a large pearly red brad and a bit of twine so that it's free-swinging.  Here's a close-up:


The 'gift' is the wish inside stamped in a dark olive with some lighter green 'snowflakes' scattered about.


Here's a nice close-up so you can read the sentiment a bit more easily:


This last photo has the most accurate depiction of the colors.


RECIPE:
     Papers:  PAPERTREYink, Wassau
     Inks:  Stampin'Up Real Red and Pear Pizzaz, Ranger Tim Holtz Distress Pine Needles
     Glitter Pens:  Copic Spica Green, Sakura Gelly Roll Clear Star
     Stamps:  Holly Berry House Medallion 1707-N, Waltzingmouse Complements of the Season
     Brad:  American Crafts Elements Pearl Brads

I hope you've enjoyed your visit today at Creative Genie-ous.  If you leave me a comment AND you're a follower of my blog, you'll be entered in a drawing for some blog candy from me.  This prize is separate from the main blog prize, so be sure to get entered in the challenge for that one.  It's a biggie!!

Your next stop is Cindy Foster's blog, Cindy's Creations.  Be sure hop on over and leave her some love!!  And check back Monday both here and at Card A Day Blog to see who won!


Thanks so much for coming by today and always keep your creative genius flowing!!!


CHRISTINE

17 comments:

  1. I love the simple look of the card, a lot of designers try to overdo and yours looks just right.

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a beautiful card, Genie. I love how you used the medallion for your bow and the embossing. I've also used paper strips for ribbon too, when I wanted to add ribbon, but just didn't have the write one. Thank you so much for sharing with us...:-)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Lol, Christine, I wrote your name as Genie on my last post, instead of Christine...lol! I'm so sorry! I guess I better have another cup of coffee...lol!

    ReplyDelete
  4. You have created a beautiful card. Thanks for sharing this lovely idea. nlewis at dishmail dot net

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wow such a beautiful card. I am a new follower. TFS

    mjblahnik56@hotmail.com

    ReplyDelete
  6. Great card and it would be a marvelous way to wrap up a gift card. Gonna get me some of those stamps to the inside sentiment is fantastic! TFS will probably scraplift this it's such a good card!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Love your card. The sentiment on the inside is perfect. Thanks for sharing

    ReplyDelete
  8. Beautiful card, I love how you used the glitter pens, it adds such and elegant touch.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Lovely card and a neat idea. Love the colors you used.

    ReplyDelete
  10. This is so cute, I really like that embossing!! Thanks for joining Robyn's My Pink Stamper Christmas Card Challenge!

    ReplyDelete
  11. So pretty, Christine! Love the shimmer.
    Vicki

    ReplyDelete
  12. Love this card, it sure has given me some inspiration to start my own cards. Thank you for showing this card. maxk@mymts.net

    ReplyDelete
  13. Very pretty card. Love the color combination. BTW, the link to your blog on the main page for the hog didn't work. I had to get here by another blog.

    ReplyDelete
  14. Thanks for entering our challenge! Your clean and simple holiday card is beautiful. Good luck.

    ReplyDelete
  15. I like this layout and this contrast of dark red with the green color is also my favorite.

    Plastic card printing
    Plastic business cards

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for taking the time to leave some love. I truly appreciate you.