Followers

Tuesday, December 21, 2010

One Stamp, Three Looks

Only three more days before Christmas......one of these years I will be ready by this time.  Unfortunately, as you may have guessed, this is not that year.  The good new is that I've learned not to be too hard on myself if I don't have everything down to a schedule.  (I wish my dh would learn that lesson; he's much too hard on himself.)  It's so much more pleasant to let go of the stress and enjoy some fun with the family.  It really is okay if the tree doesn't have those last few ornaments - no one will notice.

The cards I'm showing today were made with a stamp I found at CHA, Chicago, last summer.  The display was just beautiful.  The idea is to stamp multiples, cut them up and then layer the different cuts.  My test sample was done on ordinary computer paper.  I stamped it only once and then colored it with markers.  I traced some of the lines with a glitter pen.  It look pretty nice, and I was glad I had bought the two stamps I chose.  I really didn't expect to use the sample.  Later I bought some Stickles and dressed up that same sample.  The result is the card below.  I was quite peased with how it turned out.  The base card is generic white card stock topped with a dp (probably DCWV).  The striped paper is a hand-made(not by me) with it's own touch of sparkle (also purchased at CHA).



 This next card was done with the same stamp.  I stamped six times on both red and green PTI paper, and cut out each layer.  I traced with a glitter pen on the areas that would show and layered the pieces.  I didn't want too much thickness, so I didn't use dimensionals.  The base card, again, is basic generic white.  The mat is another hand-made paper; one side has the glitter spots and the flip side has fibers running through it.  They don't show up well in the photos, but I wanted to used both sides which became possible with the gate-fold style of the card.


 In this third card, the image was made with the reverse cuts of the above; this one has a green center while the above has the red center.  I wanted a smaller piece, so I used only four layers instead of all six.  I also traced over the design lines with Stickles.  The paper colors don't seem to match too well in the photo, but they did look good in person.  The base card and mat were made with textured card stock from JoAnns.









 Feature stamp:  Holly Berry House
Word stamps:  JustRite Christmas Nested Sentiments and PapertreyInk Signature Christmas
Ink:  Versafine and studio g

Thanks for spending some time with me.  I really appreciate comments.


Keep your creative genius flowing.....
Christine 

1 comment:

  1. love these Christine, I've that stamp too, another one that lays unused:(
    Anne x

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for taking the time to leave some love. I truly appreciate you.