Followers

Thursday, March 13, 2014

A Lovely Day

I am SO HAPPY the spring weather is finally pushing its way in.  And it's just in time for our week of Spring inspiration at the Card A Day Blog.  Spring definitely puts me in mind of lots of greenery and pretty flowers all in bloom.  I guess I'm also feeling a bit of Spring Fever; I'm having all kinds of trouble focusing on writing this for you.  On that note, I will try to keep it short and sweet.

Since  I wanted to color some flowers for this card, I went to my collection of Just Rite Stamps where I knew I had some lovely flowers.  While searching for the flowers I came across some doily stamps that I decided would make a nice frame for the flowers.


Then I found 'just the rite' sentiment in yet another of the sets.

 
The creators of the Just Rite stamps were kind enough to remind me on their packaging that their sets were designed to coordinate with Spellbinders die sets.  Luckily, I had the appropriate sets, as well as a nice edge die and a ribbon tag for my sentiment.


Once I had the coloring done and the elements ready, I needed to find my green papers.  That turned out to be a quick check through a few of my mat stacks.  I thought I was finished, but I decided my card needed just a bit more bling; the shimmer on the ribbon didn't quite do it for me.


So, a few jewels along the bottom and DONE!

 
I hope I kept it short and sweet enough for you.  ; )  Here are the facts as I know them:
     Stamps:  Just Rite sets 'My Garden' 'Grandma's Doilies' and 'Be Happy'
     Paper:  DCWV 'Lemon Flower' matstacks
     Ribbon:  Really Reasonable Ribbon
     Pencils:  Tombow 'Irojiten'
     Dies:  Spellbinders 'Circles' 'Small Scalloped Circles' 'Ribbon Tags Trio Two' and 'Lattice
                Borderabilities Petites'
     Jewels:  Creative Memories 'Enchanted' Epoxy Stickers

Thanks so very much for visiting today, and 'til next time.....
Big HUGS!!!
CHRISTINE

2 comments:

  1. Beautiful card Christine and it does remind u of spring :) Love the inking on the embossing nicely done :) Sweet coloring too very soft :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. A very beautiful card.
    Great stamp and I love the soft colouring.

    Have a nice weekend.
    Carla

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for taking the time to leave some love. I truly appreciate you.