Followers

Wednesday, May 16, 2012

Nouveau Dad

Hi again!  I hope all you moms out there had as beautiful a Mothers' Day as I did.  And today's card, for the current theme of Fathers' Day at the Card A Day Blog, is for a first-time dad in our family.  I decided to combine the CADB theme with the current CDAC Progressive Challenge.  One of the images in this challenge is a sweet baby face from Glitterbabe, which I decided would be perfect for my card.

Since this card was being made for a man, I decided to start with a black card base (standard A2 size) and kraft cardstock for the mat.  I ran the mat through my Cuttlebug and inked it a bit to enhance the embossing.  I colored the main image with Copics and used stamps from two different sets to add some fun.  The digi image, as well as one of the stamped images, were cut with dies, and the other pieces on the front of the card were cut with decorative edged scissors.



I created my own sentiment, and inked all the pieces around the edges.  I used two sizes of foam tape to layer the different images.

For the inside, I added a kraft liner and brought in the dot pattern with a cute border stamp.  I printed my sentiment on the same white stock as the outside, cut it out with another die, and inked it as I did the outside pieces.


 I took some time deciding what to do for my card, but once I had the design in mind, creating it was really fun and easy.  I hope you have lots of fun creating cards for all the fathers in your life.

Thanks for joining me today.  Here are the details:


The dies are Spellbinders Deckled Edge Rectangles and QuicKutz Nesting Eyelet Circles.
Stamp sets used:  TCP Studio 'Baby' and 'Dots & Stripes' and Paper Studio 'Nursery Icons'



Do remember to always keep your creative genius happy and well-fed!

CHRISTINE 


1 comment:

Thanks so much for taking the time to leave some love. I truly appreciate you.