Followers

Thursday, September 15, 2011

THANKFUL

Hello, lovely blog family.  I'm here today to bring you another Card A Day Blog inspiration.  Our theme, this week, is 'Giving Thanks.'  With Canada's Thanksgiving holiday right around the corner, and our US Thanksgiving not far behind, it seems an appropriate time just now to be making those cards.

I've been wanting to make a 'banner' card for awhile, so I decided to try it for this one.  First, I'll show you a pic of my supplies.  I gathered alot more than I ended up using, but sometimes doing it that way helps with the inspiration.

This ended up being another opportunity to make use of more of my scraps, especially since I took some time recently to sort them.  I don't usually have too many because I do try to use them as I go along, but there always seem to be more than enough around to play with.  The idea went through several changes before I settled on my final project.  I initially thought to make a 9"x4" card with a particular background paper, then I changed papers, then I wanted to do a 6" square, and finally I figured out something that I really liked using my always-and-ever favorite standard A2 size, 4 1/4"x5 1/2".

I had hoped to be able to take pictures along the way, but I got so distracted as I worked that I forgot all about the camera.  I'll definitely try to improve on that for future posts.  Now, without further delay, I bring you my card, which I am dedicating to you, my followers, because I truly am thankful for you taking time out of your busy day to come and visit.

Here are a couple of close-up shots where you can see the details and layering.



And here's the recipe:
     Paper:  K and Company, Recollections, Generations Stackers
     Dies:  Spellbinders Nested Maple Leaves and Petite Scallop Circles
                Die-namics Fish Tail Banner
     Stamps:  JustRite Times New Roman 60pt., Stampin Up Build a Blossom
                    Martha Stewart San Serif Typeface and Custom Stamp Setting Kit
     Punch:  Stampin' Up Build a Blossom
     Ink:  Memento Dye Ink in Rich Cocoa and Potter's Clay

Thanks so much for your visit today.  I really enjoyed making this card for you; hope you like it!


Keep your creative genie-ous flowing.

CHRISTINE

5 comments:

  1. Love it! Great layering! That's one thing I want to learn to do well too! Thanks for the inspiration :-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love your card, Christine. I like the way you did the banner, and the colors. Thank you so much for sharing with us.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love the banner, was drawn to that as soon as I seen it. It is a beautiful card and perfect for the season. TFS Tina

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi, Christine! Wow, love your banner! And I have to agree you did an awesome job on all the layering -- it looks fabulous!

    Hugs, my friend!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for taking the time to leave some love. I truly appreciate you.