Followers

Saturday, June 18, 2011

We're At the Hop for Creative EdVentures

Welcome to the Creative EdVentures First Ever Blog Hop.  We are really excited to have you join us, and we promise not to take up too much of your time.  There are only ten stops, and you have from 9:00am eastern on Saturday, June 18, to Midnight eastern on Sunday, June 19, to finish.  If you've arrived here from Fab's blog, then you're in the right place.  If you just happened along and you want to start at the beginning, then  Creative EdVentures  is the place to go.

This hop is featuring the lovely images of designer Sue Miller.  If you are not familiar with her designs, please check them out.  We think they're wonderful.  Sue Miller and Queen Kat Designs are sponsoring our hop, and have given us prizes for some lucky hoppers.

I know several of us were inspired by Sue's images to bring you more than one creation.  I, being one of them, have three projects for your viewing pleasure today.  So, without further delay, here you go........................

For my first project, I selected Sue's 'Princess Melis' image.  I was making a Choski Pin to use in a swap, and I thought this would be the perfect image to depict the face of the little fairy I was putting on the pin.  This first photo illustrates the pin as a whole.  For those of you who don't know what a Choski pin is, it's a lovely, blingy piece that can be used in so many ways: on a hat or a bag, on a lamp shade or, gosh, even as an actual piece of jewelry.  It's totally up to you.

Here you can see a close-up of the facet with the fairy's face.  The facet is from Tim Holtz.  Most of the other supplies are from one of my local shops, Red Lead Paperworks, Webster Groves MO, the sponsor of the swap I'm in.

Here's one more shot where you can see that the little fairy in the charm is wearing the same garland in her hair as Sue's sweet image.  I thought it was just a perfect match.  Of course, we must have a little fairy dust to sprinkle as we go along our way.



I chose a wooden craft frame for my second project.  The frame came from Michael's, and I covered it with a pretty design paper from Stampin' Up using a glue stick.  I then inked the edges of both the paper and the frame itself with SU ink and used their pearl stick-ons for the little flowers in two of the corners. I enjoyed coloring this image with chalk pastels; the colors are so soft.  I love the overall soft misty look of the frame with the sweetness of Sue's image, 'Keeper of the Forest.'

I really like this project because it is relatively simple and inexpensive to make.  Perfect for a quick gift.  I did give the image some sparkle with glitter pens, but I couldn't quite manage to get it to come across in the photos.

Here's a nice close-up so you can see the Keeper's lovely, sweet face.



I know some of you think it's much too early to even think about Christmas, let alone start working on projects for the holiday season.  I also know there are many of you out there who started working on this years' cards right after January 1st.  My final creation for you is a Christmas card using Sue's adorable 'I Still Believe' image.  This one was colored with Copic markers.  The design papers came from a packet my sister gave me (sorry, lost track of the wrapper a while ago).  I put together the sentiment using a Just Right Stamps alphabet; the letters are so tiny that I wasn't sure I could manage them--tweezers to the rescue!--and stamped it with Making Memories ink.  I also used dimensionals for lots of layering and my ATG tape runner.

The snowflake paper has a bit of glitter, and I also added sparkle to this image.  Once again, it just didn't come through in the photo.  And, as you can see, I chose not to give Santa the traditional red suit.  Those of you who know me well, know I like to be a bit different sometimes.

Santa is encouraging us to be hushed in the snowy 'Silent Night' of winter.  He doesn't want us to wake the kiddies while he's on his rounds.

I added this last image just to show all the layering of the card front.

I do hope you've enjoyed your visit with me to see the lovely designs from Sue.  Now, what's next?

What you need to do to be eligible for the main prizes:
Visit every designer on the list - Become a Follower of their blog (not mandatory, but always most welcome), and leave a comment on their blog hop entry.
*Please note: if an individual designer is offering candy JUST for their blog, make sure you follow whatever additional rules they may have on their own blog.
When you have visited ALL the designers, you will return to the Creative EdVentures homepage and Leave a Comment there about the Hop, our designers, Sue Miller's images, your favorite designs...you get the idea.  We love feedback, and want to know what you thought of our first hop.  Remember, your comment needs to be in by Midnight on Sunday, and needs to include your email address to WE can contact YOU if you're a winner.

I also have blog candy for you!!!
Be sure to leave a comment for me, here, before midnight on Sunday, with your email addy so I can find you later.  AND answer this question, "Which is your favorite, Silver or Gold?"  That's all you need to do, and you'll be eligible.  I'll post the winner on Wednesday, June 22nd.  GOOD LUCK!!

If you've done the hop in order from the beginning, you have only one more stop.  Time to visit Cindy Coleman.





LOVE & HUGS TO ALL!!
CHRISTINE

34 comments:

  1. What terrific projects!!! I really love that pin!!! Have fun in the hop!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh my WOW all of your projects are just darling :-) im loving your pin, My fav would be silver, Im a new follower thre the hop im so glad i found you & i cant wait to see your other creations.Thank-you for very much sharing your creativity with us~..Scrappingmamma~ ustoleit@comcast.net
    http://www.scrappingmamma.net

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow gorgeous creations ! Love 'em ! X Fab

    ReplyDelete
  4. Christine like I said in an earlier post you gals (and Fab) are all amazing.. what beautiful projects! Thanks for the inspiration!
    hugs..Laura

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh, so fun..love them all, but my fave is the Fairy Charm!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love your projects. The pin is my favorite. I have never seen anything like that before. I'm thinking that would be a great piece to put on the front cover of a mini album. TFS
    http://lorisartsyobsession.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  7. Your projects are just beautiful. Santa was done in the colours I use in my living room at Christmas time - blues and silvers and whites and I just love those. On that image especially it makes it look so magical. I think my favourite is the pin - such a cool idea!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Love the projects but the pin is my fav!!!!!! Thats an awesome idea and I LOVE IT!!!! Wish I could make cards....Your card is beautiful!!

    ReplyDelete
  9. I am a gold girl! I love all your projects! that pin is so cool!! joydee1963 at yahoo dot com

    ReplyDelete
  10. Nice projects! they are all 3 beautiful. I really like your choice of blue for Santa's suit, it makes him seem more gentle than the old red standard. I also really liked your use of the pastel colors on the forest keeper stamp. Oh and I like silver best, morninglass@live.com

    ReplyDelete
  11. Wow! Beautiful work Christine and a most excellent post. I love everything you made.
    And by the way, I LIKE SILVER! :)

    ReplyDelete
  12. Really nice work! I'll be a little different than everyone else. They all seem to like the pin the best, But I think the frame is just too cute!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Christine your pin is just beautiful and the frame would be great for any little girls room. An yes I like silve also :)

    ReplyDelete
  14. Three projects, I am glad you did not ask to pick a favorite as I would def have a hard time doing that. My favorite is silver, love gold too but silver first.
    You can find me here: karensneedle@sbcglobal.net
    or my blog: http://treasureddreams.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  15. I have loads of mementoes and broken bits and pieces from my past laying around indoors so im going to make a pin and put them all on it and pin it to my bedroom curtain . What a fantastic idea to keep all my precious memories together but on view! thank you so much Christine i love it
    Its got to be silver for me (i love a tin affect ) :0)

    ReplyDelete
  16. Wonderful projects!! I really love the Choski Pin! The fairy charm you made for it is just adorable and I really love the little bottle with the fairy dust!!! So cool!!
    In answer to your question....I love GOLD!
    Sylvia,
    ilovetexas99@yahoo.com

    ReplyDelete
  17. All of your projects are really wonderful. Love blog hop.

    ReplyDelete
  18. Like silver the best. Enjoyed your work.

    ReplyDelete
  19. I like your art work. I like silver.

    ReplyDelete
  20. Beautiful work! Such lovely cards!

    ReplyDelete
  21. Hi Christine~Firstly...I love the picture that I see you have up on FaceBook.A beautiful lady with leaves in the background.It looks black and white.Is that you?Either way it's a really old-fashioned type picture and I love it.It's a friendly face.I like friendly.I laughed a bit at the word "Choski".I have heard that word for years and knew what it meant but I could never find out how to spell it!! Thanks...I have a sheet of words that I forget the spelling of often and that "choski" is next in line!!~~~~That little "Keeper of the Forrest" is a beauty.I have never used chalks.My passion is cardmaking for about 5 years now.I hate glitter as it is so messy so I have gone to "Stickles"...less messy.As well as glitter pens are great items.I am so glad you enlarged the picture of "Keeper of the Forrest".She's even more beautiful now that I have had a chance to see her up close.Since she has a lot small details I wondered how you used chalks.Do they come in different sizes so you can do tiny details?I will have to look up that info.~~~LOL!!! Tweeezers...a woman after my own heart!!! LOL!!! I am never without them.I have a very small set of letter punches and I could never get them into place with out the tweezers.Well,I am on to my last blog.I have definitely loved to visit with you here on your blog and I hope it won't be the last time.As I have said to the other bloggers,stay crafty!!!

    ~*~Sandra~*~
    lwhsjh@juno.com
    OOPS...almost forgot...I tend to go with gold.

    ReplyDelete
  22. Love them all but the frame is my fave. The image is adorable.

    cjt71584@yahoo.com
    http://www.facebook.com/profile.php?id=66900701

    ReplyDelete
  23. OMG!! I love your projects..the Choski pin is to die for and the framed one is so lovely..and the card..such talents you have..silver or gold..makes me think of the Burl Ives song..I love silver..but then streets paved with gold sound nice...but then clouds with silver linings..okay SILVER it is!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  24. I was the other 2 annon before I got my account. Didn't think it had posted. Sorry.

    ReplyDelete
  25. Christine, all three of your projects are amazing! Love that the charm you made for the Choski pin matched the metal patina fairy. BTW, love the swap pin. The frame is my favorite :) I like the soft shades and paper you used. And your silent night card is so pretty. I like the dimensions, all the blues with the red (and bits of green) accents. Thanks for sharing all three! hugs, xo

    I like silver :)
    molly@mollysmith.com

    ReplyDelete
  26. I am breath taken so pretty each one of your creations is Beautiful and has a meaning all of its own great job an thank you so much for sharing The pin is something new to me

    I love gold for me it is my favorite

    Thank You so much again

    hugs Love and prayers Love Bev

    I have added your blog to mine

    beverleemossman@aol.com

    ReplyDelete
  27. i am not sure if you wanted our email addresses beverleemossman@aol.com Hugs Bev

    ReplyDelete
  28. I love the different ways you used the stamps. And Santa doesn't always have to be in red!!
    Silver is my choice.

    Kitty

    ReplyDelete
  29. Your projects are ALL amazing. I love them. You are very talented and creative. I like silver.
    Thanks for sharing I am a new follower
    Trish
    krazykcrafters at msn dot com

    ReplyDelete
  30. Loved your color combos, I also like to use non traditional colors on things.
    Pam Latham

    ReplyDelete
  31. The pin is my favorite!! :)
    Great work Christine

    ReplyDelete
  32. Love your pieces! The images are perfect!

    ReplyDelete
  33. So creative! Silver is always my fave. Great job!

    craftyscreations@gmail.com

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for taking the time to leave some love. I truly appreciate you.